Based on an extremely scientific process of asking the captains of each team to vote for their All-Region team we bring you: Monup’s First Annual AC All-Region team! Thanks to the captains that voted and congratulations to the players that made the team. We’d be more than happy to be listed as a reference on any and all of your future resumes.
1. Robert Runner – UVA Night Train (Consensus Selection)
2. Peter Dempsey – Jojah Bulldogs (Consensus Selection)
3. Rusty Ingold-Smith – UNC-W Seamen (Consensus Selection)
4. Brodie Smith – UF Gators
5. Tyler Conger – UVA Night Train
6. Alan Kolick – William and Mary
7. Thomas Ward – NC State Wolfpack
1. Ken Porter – NC State Wolfpack
2. Brett Matzuka – NC State Wolfpack
3. Ben Slade – Clemson Joint Chiefs
4. Chris Mullinux – UT Volunteers
5. Eric Olivier – Charleston Bums
6. Taylor Nilan – Jojah Bulldogs
7. Brian Casey – UNC-W Seamen
Also receiving votes: Daniel Petronio – FSU DUF
A couple notes:
One consensus selection that is not shown through these votes, someone from NC State deserves to be on the first team. Every captain from the Region that voted had a member from the Wolfpack on his ballot but, as can be seen here, the votes ended up split between three Wolfpack players.
In case of a tie, we were the deciding vote.
Neeley has his own first and second All-Region squads with some of his own commentary and we’ll have that up in a bit. Sorry about our recent absence but finals have been bogging us down. Not to worry though, as Robert Runner told us in an e-mail (although he was speaking for himself and we are now speaking for us) “I just finished up with exams, so I can fully focus on Ultimate.”