So, our fiancé brought up to us that this whole mess is pretty confusing, especially if you don’t know what is going on/the cast of characters. We realized that was definitely the case with our coverage. So, we’ve decided to take a step back, zoom out and clear the whole situation up a little bit.
- Mike Gerics announces he’s received word that he’s been suspended by the UPA for a full year, blames George Mason.
- Shippensburg Ultimate’s coach, Jonathan Hoffman, lets us know that the sanctioning for this weekend’s 8s has been revoked. Initial scorn points towards the UPA.
- UPA releases public statement. Which includes blame shift to the former 8s organizers about sanctioning being gone.
- Speculation now swirls about any hope for sanctioning to return.
- Gerics enlightens all to the requirements of sanctioning coming back. He believes the requirements to be asking too much.
- We receive a brief and mostly uninformative e-mail from New Hanover County Parks and Recreation department. However, it does include pictures of the damaged field and a list of those affected by the damage.
- We speak to the UPA and to George Mason about their respective roles in the whole mess. Neither have much to say, however we discover GMU has nothing to do with the incident.
- We are now waiting to either be contacted back by Gerics or to hear more from NHCPRD.
Hopefully that will help clear up everything that’s been going on.
The only way we see more information getting added to this is if Gerics decides to talk to us about his side of the story, if NHCPRD returns our e-mail after our initial contact on Friday or if the UPA decides to open up the process by which one gets punished into Double Secret Probation.