It is always an interesting experience to cover a frisbee tournament. For us, it’s like entering another world for a weekend. A world in which Ultimate is the national pastime, a Callahan is the country’s highest award and a place where our opinion on things actually matters. This weekend will, in all likelihood, be no exception.
We’re thrilled to be taking part in the Tally Classic and expect to see, in part, what the future of Ultimate is going to look like. We hope to bring you the deepest scope of that future here. This is our plan, which differs very slightly from how we covered CCC:
1. Round by round recaps of specific games, including tweeting point by point updates of those games. Specifically, we will be choosing one semifinal from the ACC South Championship and covering the final as well.
2. Since there is more time in between rounds at this tournament, we expect to be able to bring you round by round recaps of the scores of the Division I play.
3. For Twitter you can click here and you can also follow us on the hashtag #tc10. We started using the hashtag #tallyclassic2010 but realized how infuriating that would be to type every point. We’re still learning the ins and outs of this Twitter thing.
3. End of the day recaps, offering our opinion on how play went, what we liked, what we didn’t and any funny anecdotes from the day.
4. At some point next week we hope to have an interview with a couple of the observers from the weekend. Discussing how they felt about the rules and the players reactions. We will also get a few players’ perspective on all that.
That should about cover it, if you’d like to see anything else, leave a suggestion in the comments and we’ll do our best to satisfy everyone. After this weekend we will immediately begin our Easterns coverage. We have a lot of things that we are excited about coming up with this tournament so we hope you stick around for it.